Friday, October 29, 2010

16 Km West of Rizal


16 Km West of Rizal


          Temperature is hot. Night is alive. It’s a place of bright lights and giant cement blocks. Fancy colourful jeepneys shall lead you to your destination with, probably, an amount of pollution. Along the streets, you’ll see enormous buildings, man holes, and yellow water hydrants. Tourist and tourist guides are common. People are either in corporate suits, fashion trends or greasy clothes. I may say Manila is an urbanized city.


            I’ve never stayed to Manila but the times that I passed there really give me an idea of what that city is. If I would travel along from my current home to Rizal, I would get to see the business of Manila. Also I have relatives in Mandaluyong and Makati (formerly Metro Manila) so I’ve seen its changes and development. Aside from being a busy city, Manila had gone through difficulties in history which made me be amazed to the city. It gives me a diverse look at Manila.


          On the other hand, Rizal is also a hot province but at some points it’s windy because we reside near the bay. At night, people have their own lives. It’s quiet that you can hear the jeepneys outside alone. By the way jeepneys are the main transportation in Rizal aside from tricycles and other public vehicle. They are my favorite too, when it comes to uniqueness. Unlike in Manila, jeepneys in Rizal have out-of-this-world blow horns and instant club zone because of its bass-it-up sound trip. The streets in Rizal is covered with art structures as in Manila is more on architectural infrastructures. If Manila has the giant walls of Intramuros then Rizal has graffiti and wall paintings. I haven’t seen tourist in our place but there are jejes, gay toddlers and teens with agua oxinada on their hair. People prefer a simpler living with their sagwan and lambat or shirts and maong pants. Though Rizal is quite urban nowadays, you can still feel its provincial style of living.

          
           Manila is just a neighbor of my hometown Rizal yet I can see their differences. Time flies so fast that you can't barely see the changes on both beautiful places. Despite the differences, they are "compatible" for me.



                

No comments:

Post a Comment